Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SQUARE ONE

My older brother showed me clips from an old children's TV show that went off the air when I was little.  The show was called Square One, and it was a Sesame Street-esque show about teaching children the value and pleasures of math (which I utterly suck at).  The clips in question were about a recurring sketch called Mathman; think of it as Pac Man and Number Munchers put together.  Mathman must eat all the right numbers or else a sentient tornado named Mr. Glitch will eat him if he's wrong.  

There was only one scene from the show that I remembered and that was a scene from a hospital showing a doctor in an operating room cutting a square into two smaller ones.  It turned out the scene was from the General Mathpital sketch (a parody of the soap opera General Hospital).  The doctor needed to make two squares of the same size from one large square.  They got it done (after some confusion I might add). 

 I have only one question:  Would you really trust a doctor with the name Mal Practice?  I know it's supposed to be a Punny Name and all that, but still, it sounds weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment