Saturday, August 8, 2020

Trying To Write

 Well, I've gone and let this blog lie fallow for two months. This is not good. 

I've hit quite a snag as if I write about one opera, it feels repetitive to write about another production of it. It does not help that the Chinese Communist Flu has made going to the opera more difficult. The nightly streams got boring after a while. But I am still upset with myself for forgoing a favorite opera in favor of a favorite singer. So, I will watch Turandot  on Thursday the 13th.

Me and my boyfriend are currently working on a novel called The Heart of a Monster. It is a  retelling of Beauty and the Beast. One thing we are trying is a Character Board, one where we make a visual guide as to the character's development and quirks. It is proving much more helpful than I ever thought possible. For example, if I put a picture of a garden next to the picture of Bella, then it helps me visualize her love of gardening. It is also an image of fertility.

We are also writing with my brother's help a skit series called The Apartment. These are short skits about roommates Randy and Paolo, and Randy's girlfriend Louise, and how they handle the crazy issues that come their way (losing jobs, crazy relatives, etc.). It's supposed to be something we can do even on a budget. 

We'll see how these turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment