Sunday, June 16, 2013

Robin Shou

I have become a serious fan of the two Mortal Kombat films from the Nineties (yes I know people don't like the second one, but please don't act like I'm an idiot for liking it).  This was the first time I heard of this Hong Kong martial artist by the name of Robin ShouHe's a great actor and amazing Wushu martial artist.  I just don't know why he doesn't he appear more often.  I don't care that the Mortal Kombat films weren't all that great; Shou is still a superb actor.  I would love to see more of him, and in major roles at that.  And it would also be so cool if this guy could do something here in the Madison area.  

I have seen his website.  And I would like to see him play against type and do such roles as Cyrano, Macduff, or even Oberon.  Now that would be something. Oh, and how the hey did he pull off Liu Kang's trademark Bicycle Kick in the first Mortal Kombat film?

No comments:

Post a Comment