Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Theory Regarding Certain Fanfiction

Slash.  The bane of any good fan's appreciation of a story.  It comes from a fan-author describing a fan pairing as So-and-So/Such-and-Such, most often a same-sex pairing.  I first came across it when I was an Orlando Bloom fangirl and looking Legolas Thranduilion online.  I would rather not say how many slashfics involving Legolas that I've seen.  

I've always wondered why people write slash like that.  Well, my sister came up with a theory a few weeks ago.  Suppose you have a fangirl who likes two hot male characters from a story.  She can't decide which one she wants to see naked so she makes up a story and pairs the two off. 

It's disgusting, it's immoral, but I think that's how slashers operate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment