Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hyung Yun




I was eighteen and a senior in high school when I first heard this baritone.  The Overture Center in Madison does school performances of the final dress rehearsals of the operas.  My choir class went to the matinee of Faust for a field tripThis baritone sang the role of Valentine, Marguerite's ill-fated soldier brother.  

It has been four years since I first heard Hyung Yun sing.  He has sung the role of Escamillo in Carmen, and the title role in Eugene Onegin.  Then last weekend, I saw him live again in the role of Renato Anckarstrom in Un Ballo in Maschera.  I was completely stunned by his performance.  

While I have not seen as much of this barihunk as I'd like (he's not as well-known as most of my other favorites), I loved his performance so much that I actually yelled "I love you, Renato," from my seat up in the balcony.  I have also seen his website.  If you haven't heard this guy, you need to seriously fix that.  Now.  He is so talented and so handsome that I swear he can kill an opponent without even making a move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment