Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Met Summer Encores

The various Madison movie theaters have finally gotten around to doing the Met Live in HD Summer Encores. I'm not going tonight, but I may recommend that my parents do so.  It's The Pearl Fishers tonight, but as much as I love Diana Damrau and Mariusz Kwiecien, I need to take care of some stuff at home.

The Met Live in HD Summer Encores are for the benefit of people who either couldn't make it during the regular season, or else they loved a particular performance so much that they want to see it again.  I'm not too fond of Nabucco because I feel that Verdi wasted a perfectly good plot (although the Chorus of Hebrew Slaves is certainly joy and a delight to listen to).  I think I may go to either Macbeth or Carmen.  I tried to take my mother to Macbeth but there was a malfunction in the projector that meant it couldn't be shown.  Carmen I just happen to love to death, even though I have a bee in my bonnet about the amount of sex and feminist ideas people like to put in it.  

I am so glad that the Madison cinemas are doing this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment