Thursday, June 11, 2015

Remembering Christopher Lee


The world lost its best villain today.  To say that Sir Christopher Lee was a superb actor would not do justice the talent this man possessed.  He is most famous for his many Dracula roles.  But I remember him best as the fallen Maia Saruman, and also as the elegant Sith Lord Count Dooku.  

I also learned that he met J.R.R. Tolkien once.  Actually, Tolkien himself said that if Lord of the Rings should ever make it to the big screen, he thought Christopher Lee should be in it.  He was right; I don't think anyone could have played Saruman better than Lee.  

Also, I think Attack of the Clones would have suffered even more if it had not been Christopher Lee playing Count Dooku.  For the record, the Star Wars prequels are some of my favorite movies in the world.  And I must say, Lee's Dooku was one of the highlights of the trilogy.  

    Farewell to a splendid actor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment