Friday, November 29, 2013

Jonas Kaufmann




I don't remember when precisely I first heard this German tenor, but I do recall I was looking up videos on Juan Diego Florez and came across this video of who were thought to be the sexiest opera singers in the world.  This guy was on there.  I must say when I first heard him I couldn't tell if he was a tenor or a baritone ( I swear, his voice is right on the line between tenor and baritone). 

I really can't say how long it's been since I first heard Jonas Kaufmann sing, although I'd reckon somewhere between three to four years approximately.  I have heard him in such roles as the title role of Parsifal (which my younger brother went to see last season), and saw him live in roles of Siegmund in Die Walküre, and the title role in Faust.  I don't know what possessed him to do so, but he is singing the title role in Massenet's Werther this season (why would anyone even so much as want to do that role?  Werther is a wangsty little dope).  

I have seen his website.  This guy is a very sexy tenor and has a very unique voice.  If you haven't heard or seen him before, you need to fix that.  Pronto.  Just don't watch him in Werther.  Kaufmann is so sexy and talented that he can beat anyone at a singing contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment