Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dima Turns 51 Tomorrow!

I can't believe it.  Dmitri Hvorostovsky is more than half a century old is still sexy hot with an even hotter voice.  He just keeps on getting better and better.

I remember when I first heard him.  My mom and I were driving home from the Arlington Tack Sale and we were listening to the opera.  The opera was Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin.  It was the first time I had even heard of an opera by the same man who did my favorite ballet (The Nutcracker for those of you who don't know).  It was Dmitri Hvorostovsky who was singing the title role, although I didn't quite fully know who he was at the time*.  I did, however, recognize Renee Flemming.  It wasn't until about a couple years ago, that I started fully appreciating Dima's talent.  And now look!  I think he's the hottest most talented  baritone ever to come out of Russia.  
 And so Happy Birthday, Dmitri Hvorostovsky!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*And I was still obsessing over Orlando Bloom, who by the way, doesn't even come close to matching Dima when it comes to talent or looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment