Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Nopony Messes With Our Derpy!

I know this happened last year, but I'm still really ticked at how people handled the appearance of the popular background pony known as Derpy Hooves when she appeared in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season two episode, The Last Roundup.  Hasbro altered her voice in later installations because they thought it was offensive.  I don't care that people thought that her clumsiness and Rainbow Dash's frustration with her was offensive to so-called "mentally challenged" people.  A someone with a learning disability, I can relate to Derpy.  I have had people get frustrated with me due to quirks related to my AS.  So I understand Derpy, and no, she's not used as the butt of stupid jokes.  So why should people get their knickers in a twist over what they saw initially when The Last Roundup first premiered?  She's our Derpy, so don't you muck with her like that!  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
In regards to altering Derpy's voice, I don't anyone could have said it better than Rainbow Dash and Rarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment