Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Kyle Ketelsen




I was sixteen and a junior in high school when I first heard of this bass-baritone.  I learned that he was a local opera singer who lived in my home town of Sun Prairie.  He was singing the role of Raimondo in Lucia di Lammermoor.  

It has been five years since I first heard Kyle Ketelsen sing.  He came to my high school and did a master class, and I have also seen him in title role in Le Nozze di Figaro.  He was also in the Christmas Spectacular last year.  

Mr. Ketelsen is one of the most awesome singers ever.  I have actually met him in person.  I do not consider him to be incredibly sexy as I do with singers like Florez and Hvorostovsky, but I like him anyhow. 

I have been to his websiteIf you have not heard him sing, you need to fix that.  Pronto.  He is so awesome he could kill an opponent at 20 paces just by singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment