Monday, November 7, 2011

Stupid and Incomprehensible Bumper Stickers

I saw a strange bumper sticker on my way to an appointment.  It was written in green and blue letters and it read "WHEN A FAT GIRL FALLS IN A FOREST, DO THE TREES LAUGH?".  If you ask me, that makes about as much sense as a Megalodon volleyball team.  What exactly does someone mean when they ask if trees laugh when a fat girl falls in a forest?  I would love to know the answer.

And then of course you've got your general share of idiotic "Coexist" bumper stickers.  These bumper stickers are popular with people who assume that education will end prejudice.  You'd have better success trying to get a great white shark to give up seals in favor of seaweed (their teeth are not designed for eating plants). 

I'm getting fed up with the "RECALL SCOTT WALKER!" stickers.  Come on!  He hasn't been caught with hand either in the till or down someone's pants.  That's the only legitimate reason to recall an elected politician.  I'm also utterly sick of all the noise people are making about him, so the moment I see a "RECALL WALKER" bumper sticker I always say "GO SIR WALTER SCOTT!", simply because I'm tired of all the shoutloud.  

If there is a political bumper sticker that actually makes sense, let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. I heard a story years ago of a man who stopped at a news stand on his way to the bus stop every day and bought a newspaper. The vendor was unpleasant, and tended to snarl at him. One day a fellow passenger said to the man "There's another news stand across the street--why don't you walk across the street and avoid the hassle?"

    The reply was "I'm not going to let that insulting SOB determine where I buy my newspapers."

    Most of what the "Recall Walker" folks complain about are things he did right or mostly right--but that doesn't mean I have to cheer everything he does.

    ReplyDelete