Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Juan Diego Florez




If there was anyone in the world who could make you feel like you were the only other person in the room, it's this Peruvian singer.  He is the best, sexiest, and most amazing tenor in the world.  The first time I had even heard of him, I was watching a documentary online about the late Luciano Pavarotti.  I was sixteen.  Later that school year, I went to see Donizetti's opera, La Fille du Regiment. This guy sang the male lead. 

Now it's been three years since I first heard Juan Diego Florez sing.  He has replaced Orlando Bloom as my fangirl L.O. and I must say, there is no other like him.  I have seen him in Rossini's Le Comte Ory, and I have a DVD of his performance in Don Pasquale, another Donizetti opera.  I have seen various videos of him on YouTube.  And I also have two of his CD recordings: Sentimiento Latino, and his latest sacred arias recording, called Santo.

I have been to the website about him.  If you haven't heard of him, you need to fix that.  This guy is my number one favorite opera singer.  There are few others like him; he can sing the most difficult Rossini pieces, including songs that are often omitted from performance because they're considered too hard for the singer to handle.  He can out-sing that wimp Justin Bieber by 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment